Monday, December 6, 2010

Peanut Brittle- the EASIEST


Do you like peanut brittle? Do you need a "quickie" for your Christmas celebrations. Here's a great, simple, quick recipe for you- alot better and alot cheaper than the boughten stuff. I just whipped up some for my folks to send for their Christmas and thought you might like the recipe... BTW- it's a microwave recipe.

Peanut Brittle

1 c. peanuts
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla
1 t. butter

In 1 1/2 qt. casserole, stir together peanuts, sugar, and syrup. Cook 5 min. 30 seconds on high, stirring well after 4 min. Add butter and vanilla. Cook 1 min. longer. Add baking soda, and quickly stir until light and foamy. Immediately (and I do mean immediately) pour onto a lightly buttered baking sheet. Spread out thinly. When cool, break into pieces.

This hardens quickly, so don't "loiter" over pouring it out and spreading it.

3 comments:

Tracy Hall said...

Great work on the heron, Carol. I'm going to try this recipe as I don't think Ive ever had that - and 'easy' is my favourite kind of recipe!

Ruth Andre said...

Carol, this would make a great painting. Love peanut brittle. I used to make it years ago. Looks so good.

Carol Andre' said...

I'm having difficulties getting onto blogger alot these days so can't post in answer alot of the time. I hope you tried the p-nut brittle. I sent it to my dad for Christmas. He loves it and it's so much better homemade!
Tracy- I can't believe you've never had that!!! Perhaps it's an American thing!