Sunday, February 26, 2012

A "miniature" wall and some new work


I ran across some small plate holders at a huge discount and thought they would work well for my miniatures when they are home between shows and for my tiny new miniature art collection. It will grow. :-) We had the eagle all alone above the couch and he's HUGE, but that wall still needed more. He always looked forlorn and lonely. I am much happier now. I think I will go and see if they still have any long ones left and put up 2 more. :-)


I've also been working on a couple of other new pieces. This eagle has been sold to a collector but he's still with me waiting to finish curing so he can be varnished and go to his new home.


Another eagle...



A miniature raccoon done in casein and scratch on white clayboard (WIP)

5 comments:

Wes and Rachelle Siegrist said...

Love your new collection Carol! Great idea about using the plate holders. Happy Painting!

Carol Andre' said...

Thanks Wes and Rachelle. I thought it was a great way- have been just "lodging" them where-ever. Ofcourse it's going to look kind of funny when they're off to the shows! LOL. But eventually I hope to have a real, full collection. :-)

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Your work is looking good. The eagles are great.

Carol Andre' said...

Thanks Wendy. :-)

James F. Smith said...

Love that Raccoon!!