Monday, March 26, 2012

Peonies- my first floral/still life


I love peonies and I have a few plants that I got from my grandmother along with several others I have purchased. I can never wait for them to bloom each spring and they are gone all too soon. So a year ago I decided to take some photos, and recently decided to try painting them. Here is my first attempt. I think I will be cutting more this spring for more photos. :)
The background looks nearly black in real life. I can't seem to get it the correct true color here.

The size is 2 5/8's" x 2" - inks on board

5 comments:

Carol Reynolds said...

This is very lovely. Peonies can be difficult to paint, but you did a wonderful job here.

Carol Andre' said...

Thanks so much Carol. I do love them and am looking forward to enjoying them again in a month or 2.

The Celtic American said...

Lovely! I didn't know that Peonies were hard to paint. You did a fantastic job!

Debbie Nolan said...

Gorgeous peonies. Love the colors.

Carol Andre' said...

Thanks so much Pat and Debbie. Just saw your comment Debbie, sorry for the delay. Don't know why it didn't show up earlier.

Yes, all those "petals" can be a bit daunting, especially for a total beginner like me! LOL.