Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spring Weekend Jaunts








My husband Robert and I spent the weekend out and about enjoying the beautiful spring weather. We spent Sat. at a wildlife refuge and actually saw quite a bit of wildlife!!! What fun to get to watch these creatures in their natural surroundings, and on such a beautiful day. Robert is so patient, putting up with me traipsing off to capture photos of deer or birds, leaving him just "hanging out" so that we don't have too many "bodies" making animals nervous. The wetlands were full of marsh marigolds in bloom, just beautiful to behold. Again, there I am, on the boardwalk, kneeling down, hanging off, taking closeups while he waits patiently on me- however long it takes!



I decided we needed to get out and do something without the camera on Sun. (Boy, was I kicking myself later for not bringing that camera!) So we went for a walk around Como Lake with the "studio buddies". It was another gorgeous day. People were out all over enjoying the day. The chihuahuas got alot of attention, which ofcourse they loved. It was a glorious walk and even though we were in the middle of the city there was alot of wildlife to enjoy. We saw 2 pairs of muskrats, loads of turtles sunning, birds galore, and a number of ducks. I started the "kicking" part when 2 of the mama mallards brought out their adorable fuzzballs. So I'll be going back on my own tomorrow with camera in hand. I should know better, but if I take it Robert again finds himself definitely NOT the center of attention!
I believe I got a few good shots I will be painting in the future, especially one piece I have planned for the deer. It will need several shots to make it work, but I got enough to put together the composition I want. One good piece from an afternoon is all I ask!
I hope you are able to get out and enjoy nature this spring- often. It's so good for the soul.

No comments: